Wednesday, June 6, 2012

MOVIN' ON UP

I don't believe in tenure but I have it.  You are now looking at the new and improved Miss Belnap with tenure and Level II licensure!  It means they cannot fire me unless I look at naughty things at school or hurt kids.  It also means I make $1,015.00 more per year.  Not that much at all when you spread that out in 12 months of pay checks but oh well.  Considering that I had to pay over $300.00 to re-license, I think the pay increase is even less significant. Can you believe I am going to start my 5th year teaching this August?!  That just makes me feel so far removed from college.  Sad.  I loved BYU.  It sure was easier than real life, full-time work.

3 comments:

Derek and Lisa said...

Congrats Ashley!!

Lindsay said...

How naughty does the stuff have to be? Not that I would ever make it look like you had viewed naughty things so that you would get fired and get to spend tons of time with me or anything.

Sarah C. said...

The fact that you're teaching for the fifth year makes me feel ill. I'm just saying is all. You're a saint.