Friday, September 16, 2011

MISS BELNAP DO YOU HAVE BREAST CANCER?

Just to clear the air for any confusion: I do NOT have breast cancer (nor will I ever because I won't allow it).  Probably 2-3 students per week ask me if I have breast cancer.  Even adults have been known on occasion to confuse my love of a cure for having the disease myself.  I support breast cancer because multiple women in my life have lost their lives due to the disease.  I started fighting especially because of my Grammy.  I am just a supporter, NOT a survivor.  And if you are wondering, I don't want breast cancer either.  My sister Jaimee is convinced she would probably need to congratulate me if I was ever diagnosed with it.  Please no.

1 comment:

mamagale said...

Maybe you could say that you "support research to prevent or cure breast cancer" instead of saying that you "support breast cancer". Supporting something implies that you are all for it and want it to succeed. Just a friendly little suggestion from Shanna's mom. Keep up the fight!