Sunday, November 28, 2010

FEELING LAZY AND INADEQUATE

I don't read or follow any well known blogs. Nothing about baking, mothering, photographing, championing, or acting entices me. I like to read blogs about people I know - or even people I am merely acquainted with - and the stuff they are doing. For someone like me who loves to spy on people, it is amazing I can only think of two people I truly blog-spy. The rest of the blogs I read are people close to me. Today I made my first venture onto one of those people-I-don't-know-that-everybody-talks-about-their-blog blogs: Pioneer Woman. I will never do it again because she made me feel as my blog title depicts, lazy and inadequate. On top of that she made me postpone planning my lesson on Ancient India to read through her history of perfecting the cinnamon roll. This took 2 hours of my life today and I didn't come away feeling good. So what if I can't bake 34,397 different kinds of pies and photograph the great outdoors for a magazine all while raising 4 home schooled children! What I can do is keep up my mediocre blog that maybe 7 people read. It sure would be nice of my peeps out there to blog more than once a month/year/blue moon. I could use the distraction to keep me away from going back to Pioneer Woman for her Pumpkin Cream Pie recipe.

1 comment:

kathy w. said...

I love this post. And you.