Monday, June 29, 2009

MJ



I used to be a HUGE Michael fan. The very first item I remember buying with my own money was a VHS of his music videos - I was probably 13 at the time. I learned the thriller dance and constantly listened to "HIStory," the greatest album out there. When I got the same call that we all got saying he was dead I was shocked, I laughed, I was stunned, I cried. A lot of emotions over a creepy, thin, translucent black man. I never really liked the newer stuff Michael put out but the Jackson 5 and his stuff through the 90's will forever live as some of the greatest music. I mean come on, an adorable little 10 year old singing about love like he really means it!

I do feel like I need to draw attention to something that nobody ever cares about. I talk about it all the time but everyone just kind of brushes it off: just because Michael Jackson "turned" white doesn't mean he is not genetically black so how in the world would he ever have white/toe headed biological offspring??? ITS EFFING IMPOSSIBLE! Wow, okay. I feel better. May he rest in whatever peace he may find. Tatta MJ!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

"a lot of emotions over a creepy, thin, translucent black man," indeed! Very funny, and oh so true. As another friend put it, he was a "complete and utter freakazoid, like a decades-long car accident I couldn't tear my eyes from, but he could SING."
I love so much of his music... what would pop music have been without him? But he was definately an odd duck. Oh well. Thanks for the chuckle. :)