Saturday, April 4, 2009

PICKED ME UP ONE OF THESE

My Grandma Belnap had one of these at her house when I was a little kid. I loved this thing. It was usually a battle for who got to play it. Well I was roaming Wal-Mart yesterday and saw this beauty for only $15. Can you believe it? If you are one of my Belnap cousins reading this you are probably already on your way out to pick one up because you are so jealous. I have enjoyed serenading folks with musical masterpieces like "On Top of Old Smokey," "Ode to Joy," and "Camptown Races." In addition to receiving 10 sheets of musical classics, I wrote some of my own music yesterday. I have now created more music for this awesome instrument like "For the Beauty of the Earth." Leslie and I are going to perform a duet in Sacrament Meeting with me on the lap harp and her on the flute.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Lap harp? Is that really what it's called? I haven't seen one in years. That's funny how you guys used to fight over it... and that you still love it so fiercely!

Heather said...

You're like Joni Mitchell! I want a private concert asap.

Laura said...

you should see a mighty wind...

Colorado Jones said...

I totally had one of those when I was like 7! I would dink around on that thing for hours.