Monday, April 25, 2011

AN OPRAH REGRET

I am one of those women that has dreams. Big dreams. Lets talk about two of them:

1. Being on the Oprah show

2. A stay at home mom who folds laundry/cleans whilst watching the Oprah show

Oprah shattered these dreams of mine when she announced her 25th season will be her last. Now, if I ever do something amazing in my life that would require my presence on Oprah, there will be no "Oprah" platform to tell my life changing tale. I am too classy to sit down with anyone other than Oprah herself to tell my story to the world. I just have to make sure I don't accomplish anything amazing in my lifetime so this dream can't be squashed by her departure. On the second dream, I guess I just wait for the complete 25 seasons, 900 disc special DVD box set. I am really going to miss that lady. Good thing I still have 13 of her shows on my DVR for safe keeping.

p.s. These are NOT my ONLY dreams. Just TWO OF my MANY dreams.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pretty sure we have talked about this, but it has also always been my dream/expectation that I will be a mother folding laundry while watching Oprah. And unlike you, that is pretty much my only dream.

Michelle said...

Thanks for clarifying that you do, in fact, have other dreams. :) I have always wanted to be on the Oprah show too, but I can't help thinking that one day I'll get to be on a different show that's even better! (Although, like you, I would NEVER lower my standards for one of the other talk shows that is currently on)